Half these posts are about you..
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Half these posts are about you..

Forum officiel francophone (et français) du groupe Nizlopi

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

Blog de John : VO et VF

3 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
Amandine
Admin
Amandine

Blog de John : VO et VF - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Blog de John : VO et VF   Blog de John : VO et VF - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMer 20 Aoû 2008 - 18:33

Citation :

JP’s blog - 20th August 2008

Hey everyone, hope you're all well.

Strange and busy week: Nizlopi played their first gig in what feels like ages (hopefully didn't sound like that). We played the Croissant Neuf Summer Party in a beautiful part of Wales. Sadly, like most festivals in the summer, it rained and very heavily, especially when leaving the site, think it's the first time I've ever had to be towed on to a festival site. The festival itself is lovely and next year I may well go as a spectator. We always play the Croissant Neuf tent at Glastonbury and have a great time doing so it'll be odd to miss that next year. We played well amongst a load of crazy gremlins that were messing with our sound.

Am enjoying playing the bass at the mo, have opted to play lighter, i learnt that whilst recording with me and bobby the other night. We did an all-nighter and there's something about recording music late at night, there's a peace to it and loads more space, it sometimes feels like you can hear it better, wish Nizlopi had done that more.

On non-Nizlopi stuff i've found myself a flat in south London which i'm very much looking forward to moving into. I'll be living on my own for the first time in well over a year and a half, but am looking forward to the challenge. Odd time to move just before Nizlopi's tour and before the first time in my life where I've no gigs penned in for the year ahead, to be honest am quite scared and concerned about that, but I know for the first time in my musical life I need to go out there and go get musical projects instead of waiting for them to find me, so i'll need to get a MySpace together and some business cards etc and find a good teacher in south London.

On that note, it's so damn hard to find one. I need a classical teacher, am desperate to learn but don't seem to have any joy finding one. If anyone knows any or can recommend one that'd be great.

Saw West Side Story at Sadlers wells with the family, and it was wicked, think every kid in school should see this work. It's funny, it's celebrating I think 50 years and yet it's still so relevant, what with knife crime, racial intolerance, fear and the consequences of violence and having nothing for kids to do. Oh and the music is good too, if you can get tickets it's a must.

Haven't really bought any music lately as my rent's about to go sky high. I'm avoiding spending too much money, although saying that I'm awaiting the new Roots Manuva album so that'll be good fun.

Finally got round to replacing my bow the other day and it's been so good to play with a quality bow that picks up all the subtlety (or lack of it).

Anyway, that's me, Nizlopi have a busy week for a change, we're playing the 100 club tonight (Tues) for MS then Cox's yard Thurs, Solfest Friday and Shambala sunday, it'll be good to be back.

Hope to see you at some of the shows.

Jpx

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.myspace.com/tanukifantasy
Amandine
Admin
Amandine

MessageSujet: Re: Blog de John : VO et VF   Blog de John : VO et VF - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 12 Sep 2008 - 12:02

Citation :

JP’s Blog - 2nd September 2008

*note - this blog is two weeks old, sorry for the delay in it being posted. The blogs will be much more regular from now on.*

Hey all, what a few weeks i and nizlopi have had. Sorry i missed my blog last week has been mental.

I've just got back from my good friend and double bass teachers wedding, Mr Jon Thorne who married the lovely jo jo on Saturday in beautiful sunshine on the isle of white, was one of the best paced weddings I've ever been to, where everyone mingled in the beautiful rose gardens to have a picnic and danced the night away (perhaps dangerously) to an Irish cailegh band. My hero Danny Thompson and his lovely wife were there and i have to say i could barely string a sentence together when ever we spoke, partly due to it being Danny Thompson and then also cause i drank three glass's of pimms in one go. I got a wicked picture of me, Jon Thorne and Danny together which i shall frame (such a geek).

Well apart from that Nizlopi have actually done some shows, we played a charity gig for MS at the legendary 100 club, and we rocked the show, was a wonderful night of music, with some great people there, thank you all so much for supporting us and the night, i know the money and advertising they got are in valuable to there very valuable work.

Next up was Cox's Yard in Stratford, a venue we have played since it all began for us working our way up from support act to headline over the years, i have to say that our soundman al was the star of the show, it's never sounded so good than it did that night, i was on fire and thats quite rare, had a wicked time 'cause i could hear everything so clearly, will definatly miss that gig but was great to go out on a high.

Then follows the mammoth drive to west Cumbria to play Sol fest it took us all day to get there and when we arrived it looked as if we'd been put on a little stage away from the main area, a long way to go to not be listened to, but when we got up on stage i realised that we had the ears of an awful lot of people, al (who was on a roll now) had to work his little socks off but he did and i think a combination of his hard work to get the best out of the pa and our performance made for a great gig, Solfest is a lovely festival in wonderful surroundings run by great people you must go next year.

Cleverly for me i injured myself running, i have torn my left calf muscle making running impossible, believe me I've tried and walking slightly odd looking, am very lucky thou i have a physio now at the crystal palace sports injury place in the park there and they're brilliant, warning me that drinking and irish dancing may well damage my ability to run. Will find out today if i'll be able to compete at the Dublin marathon in oct, will be gutted if i can't.

The last Nizlopi festival was Shambala and i have to say the sound was dreadful, not Al's fault he was working tirelessly as ever. In the end i unplugged my monitor and gritted my teeth and closed my eyes, a very tough gig and sad that the last one couldn't have been more joyous, saying that the audience were fantastic and i hope on performance alone we got through to you, which i think we did. Festivals are weird as a performer, have had many musical highs and lows at them over the years, i guess it's cause there's no real control over your show combined with a new audience that you think you can convert if given a good chance, Nizlopi have had a good few blinders thou, thank you to everyone who made those possible, will be strange to not be apart of them with Nizlopi.

Apart from that i saw hell boy 2 last night and loved it, the kids have been dancing indian style to an england uprise remix which anchank did for us. Hopefully soon me and luke shall be putting a podcast together and keeping you informed of all that's happened recently and why we're doing what we're doing just got to agree with each other first.

All the best please come to our last tour we promise to make it a great one playing some great venue's with some great other acts, god everythings great.

Much love jpx

Amandine
Admin
Amandine

MessageSujet: Re: Blog de John : VO et VF   Blog de John : VO et VF - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 26 Sep 2008 - 11:36

Citation :

25th september jps BLOGY LATE AS EVER

Hi all

Am trying a new way of doing my blog, am writing it straight on to the myspace, normaly i send it to finn or bradley to make sure i havn't spelt my name wrong or anything, so i apologise for the obvious spelling mistakes and lack of corect grammer

So whats been happening, well me and luke have been in the studio, the first time since make it happen was recorded, we recorded two new songs, looking for answers and sandra which will be available on at the shows along with some class remixs from our friends which span house music, hip hop and bangra, as ever always trying something different. We have also been colaborating with tori who has done some fantastic artwork for the cd.a piece called understanding love. The songs reflect differnt aspects of nizlopi "answers" is more folky no beatbox were as "sandra" a more poppy hip hop beat box all over it track can't wait for people to hear these new tracks the first for some time. Today we've been working with al on our in ear monitoring system which is sounding great, my double bass actually sounds like a double bass and i can hear all my notes, sadly even the out of tune ones, we're playing wales tomorrow and this will be the first gig trying them out, it means we can hear ourselves clearly and we don't have to have our speakers on stage really loud, also means that i will no longer go through my victor meldrew mood on stage ie unplugging the monitor and generally moaning for hours at katie our long suffering tour manager. Apart from that nizlopi have finally finished our podcast which should be uploaded by the end of this week, this was hard to make but i think catches both the sadness we feel at the mo and also the friendship and lightness between me and luke even going through this difficult period of change. The podcast trys to explain what is going to happen in the future for nizlopi, i'd like to thank dave motion for some skillful editing and kieron for some good questions and a good pep talk before we filmed. Also in the podcast is the first glimps of looking for answers which i mentioned earlier.

I have been playing with different people have a gig supporting the sugar babes with Liam bailey which should be a real laugh also been playing with tom mckean which is sounding good looks like we're off to the states to record the album out there which exciting.

also been buying lots of books from abebooks.co.uk it's wicked much better than amazon bought the rest of the a m homes books.

Albums i've been listening to contreversally is the new metallica album, i love it, has been a while i've listened to something so angry but it reminds me of there early albums and my teenage years, well done them for producing a great record.

Right thats me for now i'm going to slay some bullies, little bsrds, sorry.

All the best jpxx

Amandine
Admin
Amandine

MessageSujet: Re: Blog de John : VO et VF   Blog de John : VO et VF - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Mar 2009 - 23:03

Citation :

Hi all,
Jp here hope you're all well and this year is going the way you all planned. As I'm sure everyone is aware nizlopi are taking a year off a sabbatical as it's called, the reason for this is varied but basically both me and Luke felt that we'd achieved all we could up to this point as Nizlopi was and as U2 so well put "we need to go away and dream it all up again" This is a time to sort our lives out, when your so busy touring, thinking it's all about you, you tend to lose all sense of who you are and why you're doing what you're doing. Music or any creative activity needs looking after and at times needs rebooting as David Gray says sometimes you should just stop, go away and get re inspired. I'd like to thank everyone who's been with us on this journey, from the first gigs to the last tour, truly without your love, support, criticism and faith in what we do, it just wouldn't have happened. I'm so grateful to all the opportunities we were given especially from the musicians, producers, tours, TV, radio, living rooms, weddings, fdm, the Concannon clan everyone who dared to come to a gig, and the many people who came to more than one, people who saw us at dormer school playing Metallica, people who came to Shepherd's bush, people who came to our last show, and people who dared like us to dream, to follow there hearts. Thank you to you all. We at Nizlopi had the pleasure to work with some of the best people, the right people, a special shout out to our touring crew, how they coped with me and Luke is nothing short of miraculous, thank you i miss you all very much.
For me this time away is time to put the attention into the personal things that have gotten neglected and eventually rendered music for me very hard, so it's a year of pushing out away from my comfort zone, scared? Hell yes i am, it's been the toughest of year so far but i feel this has to change. What I'll do regarding music is very unclear at present, I'm practicing mainly classical music working through one classical tutor, going to see gigs have seen the Fleet Fox's, Metallica, The Toy Hearts and Imelda May in the last month already and they've all been great great gigs. Seeing friends/family and at some point I'm gonna walk across Spain but i guess the main thing is to rediscover myself and the love i had for music and the importance of friendship.
So in Jan 2010 me and Luke will get together and discuss if, when and how we wish to proceed. All that's left for me to say is have a great year, i wont get much chance to be regularly checking any of the sites but any correspondence is forwarded to me from our beautiful assistant Bradley.
May your sleep be restful.
Thank you
Jpx

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Blog de John : VO et VF   Blog de John : VO et VF - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Blog de John : VO et VF
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2